Friday, April 06, 2007

Oscar The Grouch Drives A Van

Have you taken a look at Keith Lowell Jensen's new website, trulyawfulstuff.com?

As usual, from this great mind of I Can't Believe It's Not Comedy, he slays me over and over.

While the awful stuff referenced is more of the 'awfully tacky' variety, I came across something I find disturbingly awful today.  

The company I work for has an automotive glass division. My co-worker had the pleasure of working on this van today.

The first picture here doesn't show quite the magnitude of this fellow's cigarette ash collection in the step next to the driver's seat, but if you look close, you can make out a soft drink lid being engulfed within.



The next picture shows (and again, I must stress that these pictures just don't do the scene justice) our clean living friend's collection of dispensed coffee in poker cups (the paper cups are adorned with a 'hand' of poker) an endless array of empty McDonald's bags, and various other forms of refuse sharing the cabin of the van.



Here, another view from the front to the back, with my jovial co-worker Sal (the lucky guy working on the van) waving enthusiastically (with latex gloves on, naturally).



And lastly, a view from Sal's vantage point from the last photo. the 'Rags In A Box' seem to keep the trash from impeding the use of the rear of the van which, although not evidenced by this photo, was covered in leaves and other earth derived debris.

If you look closely to the left, and past the glare of the window, you'll see a bulging green garbage bag.

My theory is that he knew someone would be working on his van, so he decided to tidy up a bit.



Anyone who knows me, even remotely, will have no trouble believing that when the van was first brought to my attention, I immediately began gagging and dry heaving, much to all of my co-workers' delight.

I wonder what the bucket's for.

Click the photos for a larger view.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

No way!!! YOU were gagging and dry-heaving???? Nuh-uh!!
Tom H. :)

Bobby said...

I know, it's hard to fathom.

Anonymous said...

I cannot imagine that you were the person who climbed into the front seat to take the picture of Sal looking through the back window. Unless you had a full HazMat suit and an SCBA unit. THough I suspect that you'd be just as neurotic about putting on the HazMat suit as you woud climbing into the garbage wagon.

Mr. GeeBee

Bobby said...

There's no way I would've got in that van (and I gave kudos to Sal for driving the thing from the parking lot into the stall), but I did feel I was living on the edge by sticking my hand as far into the cab as I could to snap that interior shot.

The funny thing about the HazMat suit is that Sal needed to open the passenger door, and he only had an ignition key, so I went and got him a Tyvek paint suit. He had already fashioned some sort of long pole to reach across the interior to unlock the door in a MacGyver type maneuver though, so the suit wasn't needed.

Anonymous said...

Hey...somebody towed my van. Have you seen it?

Bobby said...

Of all people who might answer my question about the bucket, I thought you'd be the one to opine.

"Now it places the lotion in the basket."

A basket's not a bucket, sure, but sometimes a guy's gotta improvise.

My big regret over this whole thing is that I didn't get a look at the guy when he came to pick his van up.

Anonymous said...

Bobby,
You shouldn't post my company van on here. You know it's hard for me show my face now......... You guys kill me. It's always a pleasure and a treat to see your humor. In this industry we see very little quality humor. You've got to enjoy it when you can.....
Bryan