Thursday, March 29, 2007

Play Ball!

The A’s take on the River Cats at Raley Field tonight.



Esteban Loaiza takes the mound for the A’s, and I couldn’t be happier. He’s one of my starting pitchers in my fantasy league, and since this is the first time I’ve ever done fantasy baseball, am hoping he’ll be the Ace of my staff.

I didn’t draft very well, and in fact, the three top pitchers I really wanted (Dan Haren, Chris Carpenter, and Bronson Arroyo) went sooner than I had predicted, not to mention the fact that Chien-Ming Wang was the second pitcher I drafted, and he went on the DL a couple of days ago.

Of all pitchers in the MLB though, Dan Haren is by far my favorite (with a healthy Rich Harden and the Reds’ Bronson Arroyo not far behind), so it’s a shame he’s not on my roster. His K/BB ratio is outstanding, and I’m really hoping the A’s hitters will give him a fighting chance at some wins this season.

I’ll be singing Take Me Out To The Ball Game at full volume, which I do at every game, but perhaps with just a bit more gusto tonight.

1 comment:

chris-tina said...

I am glad you gave tops to my favorite ball player BRONSON!!! Since I am now living (currently) in the nasty Cincinnasti--I do support my hometeam of the REDS--but, I have since I was 3 and wore a Big Red Machine tee-shirt! -Yellow Ninja